Happiness:

While in the Pursuit of Happiness, one should stop, and just be happy!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 3: My Parents

Mommy!









My mother doesn't really have any pictures of just herself.  
I think thats an illustration of her wonderfulness.  
She is so amazing.  Sometimes I don't think she knows it, but its true.

She was Born to Laura and Ted Elmer on the last day of the year 1962.  
She has 4 older brothers. 
4 Younger Brothers
and a baby sister.

She married my Dad in the Logan UT temple on September 16, 1983
Thank you Mommy for always being so good.
She always does whats right and is a wonderful example of strength and faith.

She has 5 kids
4 girls, and a boy

a son in law Jordan
A soon to be son in law Travis

and a beautiful bouncing grandbaby Clara.

We owe our very existance and wellbeing to you.
All that we are is because of you.
You are always there for us.
Ever sacrificing, ever loving, ever guiding.

Thank you.





DADDY!

My Dad is Darcy John Johnson. 
He was Mr Funny Man.
The picture was taken at my baptism in December 1997
In May 1998 he was in a fatal accident at work.
I only have happy memories of him.
In 4th grade I wrote a speech about my memories of him for my school speech contest.
I talked about when I got to put a toilet into some apartments with him
How he would take us snowmachining
How he taught me the difference between simmer and boil by tickling
How from his beard we learned why some children fear santa
How he won Mr Bushface in the Golden Days Parade
How he has a twin brother who he doesn't look like,
but his big brother Lloyd sounds just like him
I remember how he was the best breakfast maker, 
and how the sink and soap would be black after he washed his hands cuz they were dirty with grease from work.
I remember that last Christmas with him how he took us around all the places he lived and showed us where his crazy adventures happend.  Like when he and Dennis climbed the chapel steeple, or onto the back of the school building-and noted that there was not a fence keeping other hooligans off the roof.
He was loved by many people I've learned over the years-and they only have good memories to tell of him.
I love to hear their stories, and especially to be told that I'm like him.
It just makes me happy.







Rulon Stillwell Jensen is my Step Dad.
I never thought I would put him in the category of Parent, but yet he is here.
Believe it or not, the first time I called home from school in Idaho--it was his stupid jokes that really made the homesickness sting.  Thats when I started crying, not cuz the jokes were mean, but because I missed home, and his cracks reminded me of it so much.  :- P WEIRDO!
And in case he tries to tell you-don't believe him when he says I eat worms
and especially, trust me, I do not wear care bear underwear!
(And he WILL figure out how to text that to all your recent contacts on your phone)

No comments: