"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine." -Gordon B Hinckley
Happiness:
While in the Pursuit of Happiness, one should stop, and just be happy!
Friday, April 23, 2010
Happy Birthday Dad!
Its a tender topic, and so many emotions and feelings run around with this special sacred spot in my heart. I think of him more often now than I think I ever have before. I see other girls and their dads, and I just miss him so much. Today is my dad's 52nd Birthday-but 12 years ago he was in a fatal accident at work. In honor of him on his birthday, I just wanted to share:
In his patriarchle Blessing, it says "...thy home shall be a home filled with Sunshine, with joy and peace and harmony; thy children shall grow and nurture righteousness, and they shall rejoice for having you as their father..."
I must say, I feel that that promise has been fufilled. Though not always were we harmonious growing up, I think we do love eachother, and we love our father. And though some of the other blessings in his blessing confused me at first, I reread mine, and one of the first things it says to me is "I bless thee to know that thy Father is found among the great and Noble."
I sure miss him alot, and I do wish that I could have him here to guide me-especially at this hard scary time in my life, but I know that God has his purposes. I know, that my family is eternal-and I know that I will see my Father again. It makes it a little easier to be apart for so long.
I love this song when I'm sad, and I might be a little sad right now, but here ya go:
http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=1&searchseqstart=285&searchsubseqstart=%20&searchseqend=285&searchsubseqend=ZZZ
Please, for those who knew him, leave memories of him in the comments. :) I like to hear the stories. I only knew him for 8 years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's beautiful Melanie. I don't remember your dad much, but I do remember that bushy beard of his. What a wonderful blessing that you have that promise in his blessing. Thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment