I have a problem with people talking themselves down.
I have a problem with beautiful girls being insecure
Be yourself. Social norms are overrated.
Quit worrying about how your "supposed to act"
Be kind is the only rule to really follow yes?
If your nice, and genuine about it-and your honest
Its the others peoples fault if they have a problem with you.
In the which case, get over it.
You can't please everyone.
You don't have to get your hair done and your nails done and feel a certain way in order to win that boy
(though, feel free to get your hair done and your nails done if it so delights you-just make sure your doing it for you, not for him)
You don't have to classify yourself as emotionally high maintenance.
You have needs-so what? Have your needs met! You deserve to have needs and to have them met! Just don't degrade your self to any sort of maintenance status.
Uhhhh-I HATE status-es (spelling help?)
Truth is, we're all high maintenance. And things break down if they're not maintained.
Also, you are not going to have successful relationships if you can't like yourself.
My advice, Listen to the Whitney Huston song "The Greatest love of all" every morning, every night, every
time your in the car. That's what I had to do for two years of my life. Eventually, with the help of that song, and an amazing choreographers chastising after I made a self degrading comment, and some honest self evaluation, I made the changes I needed to make to be a person I could love. If you can't love yourself, you really can't love someone else.
I heard this really good comment the other day on a tape I was listening to-it said that regret is only supposed to be a messenger. The problem is when we hold that messenger hostage so we get the message over and over again. The purpose of regret is to get the message and move on.
You've been through some hard things ladies, I've been there to. Holding open the wounds doesn't let them heal. Looking at the wounds and the imperfections, its like that needle I took in the leg a few months ago-it really wouldn't have hurt if I had just looked away. I'm not saying, ignore your problems, I'm not saying forget what you went through or try to make seem any less than it is-what I'm saying stop thinking about it so much! Stop watching the wounds heal, and just put the band aides on the best you can, apply some antibacterial ointment, and move forward. Its okay if it leaves a scar cuz that scar will have a story-that hopefully has taught you something.
On another note, Your only as happy as you are grateful. Look at the beautiful things in your life, look for more ways to fill your life with good. Refocus outside of yourself. Find a purpose, a cause, make a goal with measurable steps that will improve your life. Enough with concepts and emotions, process them, and then get grounded in something concrete.
I apologize if this hits so close to home for some of you, but enough is enough-I want you to be happy. So it may be a funny way of showing it, but I gotta lay down some tough love on occasion.
Things can be better if you really want them to be. And in person, I'm much more empathetic. We need a juice date.
Quotes to uplift:
(Because they're so much more eloquent than me)
"Life can only be understood by looking backward, but it must be lived looking forward."
"I will Grow. I will become something new and Grand,
But no grander than I now am. Just as the sky will be different in a few hours,
Its Present perfection and completeness is not deficient. So am I presently perfect and not deficient
because I will be different tomorrow." -Wayne Dryer
Every Flower has to go through alot of dirt." -Lauren Bond.
No comments:
Post a Comment