Happiness:

While in the Pursuit of Happiness, one should stop, and just be happy!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Confession

Travis and I finally picked a date, to me it seems forever away (probably cuz it is) but I kept flip flopping between options and finally said "Travis, here's the options, you pick" and so July 1st it is.

Really the only thing I have against July 1st is that its just about 7 months away.
July 7th solves alot of the problems we were coming up against with the other dates, so it makes sense yes, but it just seems SOOO FAR AWAY!  AHGK!

I like it though, its summer time, it gives family and friends plenty of time to make arrangements to come-its just so far away!  How does anyone do long engagements?  If July weren't 7 months away though, it would have probably been my first choice of all the option we were looking at.

But okay, next item:
Planning the stinkin wedding.
Confession of the day:
I have no idea how to do this.  I don't know that I want to do this part.  I can't wait to plan my life with Travis, but as for the wedding, oy.  I'm really glad the ceremony part is already taken care of (yay for Temples) cuz the rest of it, is just a bunch of fluff.

Travis doesn't seem to have much of an opinion on it, as already stated.  But, he says its me thats been dreaming of this day since I was little.  Confession#2:  I have?  I mean, yeah, the dress, the person, the life we'll have together, but no-I havn't had the whole day pictured in dreams since my earliest memories.  I just want it to be beautiful-with good pictures for me and Travis to cherish, and delicious cake to be enjoyed, and happy feelings and memories with our family and Friends.  Is that too much to ask?  Do I really have to plan the napkins and centerpeices and coordinate the colors like Martha Stewart?  I'm not Martha Stewart, but-if she wanted to add to her portfolio an inexpensive but beautiful Alaska wedding-she's more than welcome to expirement with mine!

I guess when I started trying to express this to Trav, he understood it as I don't care about the day.  Thats not true, I do want it to be a special day-and so, I suppose that means digging into that deep buried artistic/creative portion of my brain and picking pallettes and napkins and centerpeices.  :-P  Here's to adventure!

Leave your fun finds and creative Ideas in the comments below!

4 comments:

DenaliL said...

www.theknot.com has some really great stuff. It has kits if advice about budgeting, colors, flowers, reception, the whole nine yards. Be sure to check it out. :D

Krystal said...

Melanie. Lemme help you. You have the guy and the place. Check. Everything else is BONUS! Just remember that. Don't get too stressed about it. One thing at a time. I have 8 years of Modern Bride, if you want to borrow them, you're more than welcome. And remember, you don't have to do it on your own, you've got a mom, sisters, friends, in-laws, lots of people who love you and would love to help. Oh, and my suggestion, YOU must have dancing at your wedding. ;)

Melanie said...

Next confession: The knot.com and bridal magazines really just overwhelm me. Theres a such thing as too many ideas-haha. But, today at the store with my mom I saw white Tulips-I absolutely LOVED them. I want white tulips. And, I have narrowed down a sort of theme/color scheme. Its like a pink lemonade picnic-yes? Colors of pink, and yellow, and blue, and green (I hope thats not too many because I've tried to cut some out, and it just doesn't have the same feel-I like all 4)

And yes Krystal, there MUST be dancing at my reception, I'm Melanie after all. haha-too bad for Travis there won't be a video game center hahaha. neener neener!

Anna Hernandez said...

What might make things easier is trying to pick a theme? You have the tulips figured out (which is a really great idea! They're cute) now maybe plan around that? You could have it picnic themed..kinda like what you said, who knows? It's a cute idea, especially for summer time.. and the food could be inexpensive as well.. Cute sandwhiches and what not (just an idea haha) We did it beach themed so we had bowls with sand and different sized shells placed everywhere... you've probably seen the pics. This part was probably the hardest - planning all the details. But you're pretty creative! I'm sure you can do it! Good luck!