Friday: Went with Wendy as a volunteer where she works-a Spanish speaking headstart school. 3 yr old Jocelyn is my new best friend, and I fell in love with the troublesome Jose and charming Santiago. Afterwards, went to the temple for baptisms-and spent the evening back in Tremonton. I got grampa to Talk. About alot of things, his time in the airforce, where he went, how he also was in the Navy, but best of all what how he met Grama. :D He proposed to Grama while they were dancing! :D Made my life!
Saturday, I made cinnamon rolls with Grama Elmer, then Grama Johnson came and got me, and we went to the Ogden Cemetary. She had the most Beautiful Pink Tulips in her yard, made me kinda sad to pick them because they were SO pretty, but happy at the same time that I could put them in a place to special and share them with him in the way that I could. Really a bittersweet expirience. I was actually really glad to have Grama Johnson up there with me-even though she can be frustrating some times, and though I sobbed, having her shoulder there felt right.
Monday: Porterville Cemetary, where many of my ancesters; the Porters, Kershaws, Elmers, and Deardens are burried. It was weird, I'd never seen a cemetary where they have mounds over the place where they're burried, and it kinda weirded me out at first, but then we cleaned up Grampa's family's plots, and reshaped the mounds and stuff, and I found out that it has a practical purpose, so, it wasn't so weird. I also met Rada's hubby Boyce, who is a hoot, and Uncle George, and his wife Joyce, and daughter Lisa. Then we had a good lunch at Rada/Boyce's house. Met my mom's cousin Mike, that makes us 1st cousins once removed. Weird.
Then we (Sid, Alex and Me) drove to Wendover Nevada, stayed the night with Sids friend, and then Tuesday morning Drove the rest of the way to Cali. Made it through Donner Pass (fun fun fun road! I got to drive from Winnemucca NV to Sacramento Cali, NV not fun, Donner pass=Much fun! Steep grades ~7% at one point, and winding roads-SO FUN! I love driving!) Then 7:30-9 I had two dance lessons back to back-very awesome. Learned SO much! Can't wait till tomorrows!
Today, me and Alex played at the park, made a calendar, found the pool, made copies of some keys, and played a few rounds of Bingo. He's such a patient kid, which I'm really grateful for. Tomorrow is his day to choose our lunch though, and he picked Hot Dogs...any creative ideas so they're not so boring? I think we'll be having them alot....
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun trip. As far as the Hot Dog situation... I'm not a fan, but my aunt's kids LOVE when she splits the hot dog, fills it with leftover or instant mashed potatoes and tops them with cheese and sticks them under the broiler for a few minutes...
Your post made me nostalgic for Utah and all my family there. One of my ancestors was a Porter and lived in Porterville, that means we are probably very distant cousins of some sort.
Enjoy your Californian summer cuz!
HAHA! Maggie that Rocks! Who was your porter relative? I'm way curious now and must know!
Post a Comment