SPRING is a time of new begginings yes? Well Spring Break is finally here and I started the break by cleaning the kitchen! YAY! And baking some yummy Banna Bread...actually, I'm not sure if its yummy or not yet because mom's piano student is here and I don't want to share....so I'm holding off.
I'm almost done with my first year at UAF. Which let me tell you, it has been quite the learning expirience. Not so much an educational expirience-though there definately has been some of that, but a life learning expirience. Moving back in with Parents is rough. But I'm so glad I did. I've grown in ways I wouldn't have imagined. Being back in Fairbanks and working on my relationship with Travis, has been a different sort of rough-but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I've really missed all the dancing I was able to do in Idaho, but I'm finally formulating an educational plan that will work! The Dental Hygiene thing, I've been pretty excited about. It was all going to work out, and I was going to be all done with my pre-requisites this may, but then turns out that they won't be accepting a class of 6 new dental hygene students this fall. LAME! I even took a summer math class to try and get on track. Blah! Anyways, so I was kinda wandering around for a few months trying to figure out what to do for a year of school and then I heard about the Medical Assisting Program! With everything I've done for Dental Hygiene I'll be ready to start the program either this summer or this fall and I'll be done in 2 years! YAY! And I think it sounds like way more fun and will be much more interesting than cleaning teeth. There will also be more oppoutunity to go further later on. To be honest though I was excited about it, Dental Hygiene sounded kinda like a dead end. Medical Assisting is a means to more-I like more! Also, there will be no question as to where I'll get heath insurance. Though someone pointed out that if the national health reform happens I shouldn't have to worry about it anyways...but in the meantime knowing that anywhere I go as a medical Assistant I'll have good health insurance available is a comfort. Especially with all my lame asthma medicine. Which BTW-is another story.
I was allergy tested about a week and a half ago and turns out I'm allergic to not only dogs, but cats, horses, guinea pigs, hampsters, cockroaches (go figure), a couple of different trees and a few types of grasses. My new doctor, Dr Foote is the allergy asthma specialist in Fairbanks and he's got me on this new "Asthma Action Plan" and higher doses of advair and wants to start me on Allergy Shots. The goal is "Airway remodling" cuz I can't breath as well as I thought I could. He labeled my asthma as Severe Persistent, which is the worst he said. He also told me about a 21 yr old girl who died in Fairbanks Last summer from Asthma problems. Kinda scary, but the visits to doctor Foote have been very educational and hope inspiring. I may be able to find relief yet!
In the meantime, HAPPY SPRING!
3 comments:
I'm glad things are working out so well for you. The medical assistant idea sounds great. And it sounds like you've got everything good and figured out. =) btw I miss you. And your blogs... Write more! =P
Aww Thanks Emily. I guess part of me is wondering how much is too much blogging? I realized after I wrote this that I forgot some other life updates....and hopefully my family will start reading too....cuz Amanda has a blog and I love it
I'll also attempt to keep up better with yours and Lavina's....I tried to catch up the other day and realized that If I havn't been reading all your posts though I'm kinda lost and don't know what your talking about....oi. I'm sorry.
It's fine. I haven't had all that much to say lately anyway.
Post a Comment