It has been a wonderful season. Its now Christmas morning, 10 am, and we still havn't opened out presents. Lysie isn't even awake. But Yesterday was great, I got up and went to Breakfast with my dear sweet Abbey, and then we did a little bit of last minute shopping, and then I headed out to Northpole.
In Northpole, I helped Travis and his Mom put Christmas Eve Dinner on the Table-we even used the fine china! It was all delicious! His mom makes delicious moist Turkey, and yummy green bean casserole, and the BEST sweet potatoes-oh, they're like dessert!
Then I came home and with my Family we read the Christmas story and used a nativity set to act it out (usually we do a big theatric production with the Hulls, but they are Utah cuz Tyler just got Married!) And then did our traditional caroling around the piano-mom accompnying. Really makes me want to learn Piano so I can continue the tradition with my own family. I decided last nigh singing around the cd player or Ipod wouldn't be the same....
Then this morning, I got up, finnished wrapping a few presents, and now we're just lazing around till Breakfast is ready. Rulon brought the genious tradition of eating a big fancy breakfast before Christmas Presents. I love it because it makes the Christmas magic last a little long in the day, the anticipation with the presents builds up a bit more, and beacuse we have our bellies full of breakfast we don't get grouchy because we're hungry and tired. And we don't fill up so much on candy.... I LOVE the Breakfast tradition.
Usually I'm more excited about Christmas morning and getting to the presents sooner rather than later, but I must confess, Santa got me a few presents early. More on that coming soon.
Merry Christmas everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment