Happiness:

While in the Pursuit of Happiness, one should stop, and just be happy!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dance Dreams and Goals

Okay, so a while ago I decided I wanted to be ready to teach some lessons here in Fairbanks AK where I am more than qualified to be a dance instructor (take me to Utah or Cali though and I still gots LOTS to learn) and that goal is comming to acheivement!  I'm still learning new steps all the time (Thanks to help from Rulon) with which to teach people how to dance, but as a general concesnsus, I know how to dance and I may not be ginger rogers, but I know a thing or to to help others improve.  I don't think its about the steps, its about the movement and the enjoyment, and the fun and the health.  Steps are just patterns with which to portray your skills.  So, as a follow, I haven't memorized all the patterns, thats what I'm gonna try and do now.

Otherwise, good news for me, I've been getting lots of oppourtunities to teach through networking with first, Stefani B.  She's amazing.  I told her I wanted to teach, and so she gave my name to Artisans courtyard, and with them I've been trying to get a childrens class going.  So far, the only kid to come is my neighbor shelly, but I'm hoping that will change.  Yesterday I went to Anne Wien Elementry (got reffered by Ballroom Dance club of Fairbanks) and helped a 6th grade class learn some swing for a little show they're doing about their studies on Egypt (dancing and actin, but swining to the mummy rock) I've also taught a couple their first dance for their wedding, and received a few other refferals that simply didn't work out because of time-or communication break.

But here's the cool thing:  Me and Rulon were just invited to teach dance classes at AK land Dance Hall for the Ballroom Dance club of Fairbanks.  It will be monday nights, from 6-7, 7-8, And 8-9.  I'm hoping for a real good turn out everybody!  The more the merrier!  With this oppourtunity, the plan is, Rulon helps me know what I need to know so that in the future, I'll be ready to teach it all with him as the TA.  Cool huh?  I'm excited.

With school-I can't wait to get my CMA, but, after I do, I really want to go get my BA in Dance.  Or go to Cali and work more with Arthur Murray or something like that.  This just makes me happy.  CMA stuff makes me happy to, and I think with the two, I should be set!  I'll definately be busy, but maybe someday people will be dreaming of working for my Franchised Dance Studios  :)  I can dream right?

3 comments:

Ariel said...

Come back to BYU-ID to get your BA in Dance!!

Krystal said...

I love when good things in life work out! :)

Becca said...

Oh Melanie! You're so amazing! You are being blessed with so much at this time in your life. Embrace it! It'll change your life, and I'm sure you're aware of that. :) Let me know if you're ever teaching anything in eastern Idaho or central California and I'll see if I can make it. =D